Graphic Designer / Production Artist
I am detail oriented, highly organized, and I interact well with a variety of people and personality types. I believe in building on ideas and/or bringing them to their full potential. I absorb constructive critique and use my experiences from the past to improve moving forward. I learns quickly and I asks questions.
- I efficiently design printed materials including, but not limited to, marketing collateral (ads, sell sheets, brochures, catalogs), books and annual reports (covers and text), packaging, displays, stickers, and presentation materials.
- I productively utilize application tools (such as color, paragraph, character, and library palettes) to maintain and manage large multi-page publications.
- I diligently practice maintaining established design standards as well as proofing, file prep, and delivery processes of native files and production PDFs.
July 2013 to the present (full-time; 40-hours/week)
Graphic Designer, Advertising Department
Hunter Engineering Company (Saint Louis, MO) company which designs, manufactures, and sells a wide range of passenger car and truck service equipment
- I designed advertising and marketing materials such as product brochures, presentation books, trade advertisements, trade show displays, and signage.
- I retouched photography using advanced techniques including layers, masks, smart objects, filters, adjustments, and curves.
- I often write and edit copy as well as recreate charts and graphs and other visuals for product brochures and presentation materials and I assist the department and company where needed.
Sept. 2010 to June 2013 (full-time; 40-hours/week)
ProWolfe Partners (Saint Louis, MO) design agency specializing in corporate communications
- This position was created for my mixed skills. (55%) Assist agency designers with production, illustration, photo manipulation, and graphic design needs. (25%) Act as lead designer on agency projects when needed. (20%) Other agency administration processes. including: maintaining agency archives; troubleshooting hardware and software issues in regards to agency equipment including computers and printers; build and maintain process guidelines to assist in maintaining agency standards
- I was the liaison between design staff and contracted web developers. I utilized Adobe PhotoShop skills to manipulate digital photography using advanced techniques. I frequently searched for and purchased stock photography when needed per project. I was the agency specialist in print production processes and pre-press. I bound presentation materials as well as built mock-ups as needed for presentations. I maintained and followed schedules and budgets as dictated on a project-by-project basis.
Mar. 2001 to Aug. 2010 (full-time; 40-hours/week)
Production Artist, Design Department
Rand McNally (Skokie, IL) retail map, atlas, and educational publisher
- I was the department specialist in print production processes and pre-press on sell sheets, brochures, signage, stickers, displays, publication advertisements, business cards, letterhead, postcards, newsletters, catalogs, educational teacher’s guides, educational atlases, retail atlases, games, directories, and product packaging. I also acted as lead designer for the above marketing items and products per the demands of the department workload.
- Other departmental responsibilities included: organize and direct photo shoots as needed for product images as well as lifestyle images to be used in marketing items and products; searching for and purchase stock photography when needed per project; utilizing Adobe PhotoShop skills to clean digital photography and digitally update or generate product images to suit the desired project needs; constructing product and display mock-ups as needed for presentations; maintaining and follow schedules and budgets as dictated on a project by project basis; building, organizing, and maintaining a working library of product images for departmental use; build and maintain product templates/dielines for departmental use; assist department systems administrator to service and maintain department equipment including computers and printers; maintain departmental archives.
Nov. 1998 to Nov. 2000 (full-time; 40-hours/week)
Graphic Designer, Marketing & Public Relations
Northeast Regional Health System (Kirksville, MO) system of health facilities including a regional hospital and trauma center, cancer treatment center, and community fitness center
- I designed and saw through production all hospital forms, the monthly employee newsletter, two different quarterly community newsletters, posters, flyers, and other communications.
- I was on hand for any unforeseen needs of the department ranging from manning booths at educational fairs and locally sponsored events to giving hospital tours to school groups.
EDUCATIONBachelor of Fine Arts degree in Visual Communications from Truman State University (Kirksville, MO)
OTHER NOTEWORTHY EXPERIENCE
Officer/Board Member: For two years I was the Communication Officer for my neighborhood association within the city of St. Louis. As such, I built and managed the Association’s website and blog as well as other social media resources, produced additional communication materials, and helped organize community events. In 2019, after moving to Crestwood and regularly attending municipal meetings, completing their Citizen’s Academy program, and volunteering to fill a vacant seat, I was appointed to the Crestwood Fire Board. Separately, based on my volunteer work with them, in 2019 I was also asked to become a board member of the St. Louis Fire Department Foundation.
Ad Design/Event Planning: I use my graphic design and marketing skills to assist organizing a annual trivia night fund raiser for a 501(c)(3). Over the last five years I produced 40- to 48-page souvenir ad programs (selling ads and designing most of them) as well as wrote press releases announcing and recapping the event.
Large Document Formatting/Editing: Designed and typeset an autobiography for a local St. Louis classic rock icon. The book (published in December 2016) is a running narrative of stories throughout his life interwoven with imagery and snapshots. While additional editors assisted in review, I was the primary text editor of the original manuscript.
Ad Design/Event Planning: I assist the St. Louis Fire Department Foundation. In August 2017, I wrote a blog article for them focused on pre-hospital childbirth training. Since 2017 I have been on the committee organizing their annual fund raising gala — designing ads for and assembling the event’s printed program and mailed invitations. I created their redesigned organization logo.